There are gift guides popping up everywhere online and I thought I would add my gift guide for quilters and sewers alike. I have rounded up three categories: Subscription Boxes, Books, and Notions. (Links are provided and I may receive a small commission as a result of your purchase-thanks for the support).
Subscription boxes are a fantastic gift that just keeps giving. While some of these can be pricier since they are charged monthly, it is nice that it is broken up throughout the year. This way you can splurge on the quilter in a manageable way! These subscription boxes are perfect as gifts for the quilter who has everything.
If you aren’t looking to give these as a gift, they are still great ways to build your own personal stash collection. I just subscribed to the Aurifil Thread Club so that I can start building my thread color collection.
1.Sew Sampler Box Is there anything better than receiving surprise quilting notions or the latest special tool every month? This is bound to be a hit for the quilter who seems to have every gadget because even if they have it-the surprise of not knowing is a gift itself.
2. Aurifil Thread Club Have you ever put on a binding and then realized you didn’t have the color to top-stitch it on? You vow from then on to build your thread color stash. You drive to the quilt shop the very next day and then you freeze because which of the hundreds do you start with? Well this is the perfect gift to solve that dilemma. Fat Quarters’ Thread Club ships a few Aurifil colors every month. It’s a slow and steady method of building your stash.
3. Stitch Quarterly Cross Stitch You have floss stored in every spare drawer but somehow you still find that you need more floss for the pattern you just bought. Well this Club is the remedy for that. It comes with a pattern and all the colors and notions needed to complete that quarters pattern. Plus as a bonus there are often extra goodies included! Need I say more??
4. Moda Fat Quarter Monthly Subscription In the last few crazy years there have been a lot of new quilters. There is so much to quilting but one thing that comes sooner or later is a stash. But a newer quilter can have a lot trouble deciding how to build a stash. Look no further than this subscription that sends Fat Quarters monthly to your mailbox. Within a year, you will be on your way to a good looking stash.
5. Moda Jelly Roll Monthly Subscription Sometimes you just want a QUICK quilt! As quilters, we find there are new patterns everyday from many places but not enough time.Sometimes though all we want is a quick and easy quilt. Jelly rolls provide just that with countless patterns including Missouri Star Quilt Co Jelly Roll Race.
6. Holiday Fat Quarter Monthly Subscription If you have followed me a while you know I am seasonal quilt crazy! I love Halloween fabric, Christmas fabric and any seasonal fabric. So many quilters though have yet to be introduced to the world of seasonal quilts. This is the gift that will get them hooked!
7. Solids Monthly Club Subscription Let’s face it, solids are the most popular type of fabric lately. This is another difficult thing to build though especially when each brand has literally hundreds of colors. This monthly subscription allows you to try out solids from many brands. The samples include colors you might not have chosen but will absolutely love.
8Art Gallery Fabric Quarterly Club Subscription We can get comfortable with our go-to brands of fabric. Many quilters find it hard to try something new. These gift subs make it easy to get sampler from many brands including Art Gallery, Ruby Star and Moda.
Leave a Reply